Music Goodness

Every time summer rolls around, it feels good to remind myself that a cold beer on a warm summer night is on call when I want it. Here are some jams I plan on diggin' out when that happens:

Frankie Paul - Worries in the Dance
I found this off a reggae mix compiled by Deadbeat for oki-ni. Listening all the way through was a solid nostalgia trip of my life in the Caribbean and all the after parties by the beach. Somehow, a car with a supped up soundsystem laying down irie vibes and rasta drug lord curated pot always showed up.

Painted Palms - All Of Us
A cute girl on a bike gave me the sunniest grin ever when I was cruising through Culver City with this song echoing out of my car. YMMV, but I can't recommend the Painted Palms EP this is off of enough.

Foster the People - Helena Beats

Finally, this summer's indie darlings have a new video. If you've already heard this song every time you've turned on the radio, click through here for their Terry Gilliamesque Mad Max meets Lord of The Flies video.

No comments: